Articles Search Results
- Why Did My White Marble Turn Yellow
Q: Why did my beautiful white marble suddenly begin to turn yellow? A: Unfortunately, this problem is not uncommon, according to Fred Hueston, Chief Technical Advisor for Stone and Tile PROS, who says there are a number of causes for yello... Read More
- Why White Marble Turns Yellow: Causes and Cures
Fred M. Hueston, PhD Sitting in my office one morning I received a call from a very upset home builder. He told me he was building a two million-dollar home on the west coast of Florida. They had installed nearly 3500 square feet of a white st... Read More
- What is the best way to clean unfilled travertine?
Q: My unfilled, but sealed (with a lithofin product) travertine needs a good clean before resealing. What is the best technique for this? There is dirt in the holes, which is obviously worse in heavy wear areas. Thanks A: The best way to clean u... Read More
- We are installing 12 X 12 travertine in a bathroom. Can you recommend sealer and cleaning products?
Q. We are installing 12 X 12 travertine in a bathroom. Can you recommend sealer and cleaning products?A. Travertine is a great choice for your bathroom. I would like you to download and read our Stone Care Guide. It will answer all of your quest... Read More
- I just had my travertine floors installed last week, is honed finished, but I do not want a very glossy finish. How long does the enhancer last?
Q. I just had my travertine floors installed last week, is honed finished, but I do not want a very glossy finish. How long does the enhancer last?A. How long the color enhancer lasts depends on how much traffic it sees and how it is cleaned and main... Read More
- How do I prepare a poultice & use it to remove stains?
Q. How do I create a poultice to remove stains? I know that to remove stains from my granite countertops that I need to make a poultice, but how do I do it?A. Here is how you do it:First, understand what a poultice is. It is simply a chemical o... Read More