Articles Search Results
- Stain on Black Stone Floor
Q: I left a DRY cotton cloth (it was attached to a floor mop like a swifter) on the tile floor overnight. I was planning to mop floor but never got around to it. However, when I removed the mop, the tile in that area was faded white. I have tried to ... Read More
- White Marble Floor Turning Yellow
Q: We just recently had a white marble installed on our bathroom floor and just noticed the section that is getting no sun from our window (it is being blocked from our tub deck) is yellow. It does have a heating system installed under it. Do you hav... Read More
- Oil Stain Removal
Q: What ingredients do I use to make a poultice for oil stain removal off of a stone tile? What ingredients do I use to make a poultice for oil stain removal off of a stone tile? A: The good news is, your stone is not damaged, but sim... Read More
- Why Did My White Marble Turn Yellow
Q: Why did my beautiful white marble suddenly begin to turn yellow? A: Unfortunately, this problem is not uncommon, according to Fred Hueston, Chief Technical Advisor for Stone and Tile PROS, who says there are a number of causes for yello... Read More
- Restoring Silestone and Quartz Kitchen Counters
Q: We have a Silestone kitchen counter which has developed some "dulling" in a couple of areas. One was due to someone rubbing to hard with a slightly abrasive cloth and the others are due to the sun shining on the counter. Is there anything/anyone w... Read More
- natural stone care
Q. Hello I have just built a new home. I have Crema Alara Marble in the kitchen and foyer floors, slate in my mudroom and travertine in my bathrooms. All have been professionally sealed. I do not use any chemical cleaners. Is water and a microfiber d... Read More
- Resin on marble table top cracking and peeling
Q. The resin coating of our Knoll Saarinen marble top table has been cracking for the last one year. We don't know what to do. Any advice? A. Some manufacturers, such as in your case, will use resins to create a topical rather than natura... Read More
- How do I know if my 2nd floor bathroom floor is strong enough to handle the weight of tile? There is vinyl on the floor now, obviously tile will add a lot of weight and I don’t know how to check this out.
If you are worried about the floor collapsing, if you can stand on your floor without falling in that chances are it will bear the weight of the tile. However, with this said there are some other concerns. The first would be what is called d... Read More
- What can I use to seal the grout on my ceramic tile shower walls and is this something I can do myself?
Many brands of grout sealer are available for this purpose; most are easy to apply, but make sure the grout is first cleaned thoroughly. Grout sealers are available at most hardware and home supply centers. TIP: Most of t... Read More
- We just sealed our marble tile with a water-based sealer. There is now a light, rainbow-like film on the surface of the tile. I have used every cleaner I could purchase to try get it off, but it won’t budge. Any suggestions?
Sealing your stone and tile requires that every last bit be removed from the surface. This is one of the reasons why we strongly suggest to homeowners that they think twice before doing any sealing job themselves. This problem you are describing, alo... Read More
|Displaying 1 to 10 out of 153 articles found
|| Page 1 of 16