Articles Search Results
- My new marble floor has a white powder on it. It cleans up with water, but keeps coming back. Is there anything I can use to clean it off permanently?
This is a common condition, especially if the floor is new. When the marble is installed, it is set in a mortar base that is wet. As the moisture evaporates, it carries with it dissolved salts which are deposited on the surface of the stone. This con... Read More
- I’m totally confused and need help. I’m looking to redo my bathroom and getting different answers about sealing...
Q. I'm totally confused and need help. I'm looking to redo my bathroom and getting different answers on the use of stones tiles for the bathroom and shower. I have been told everything from it is very easy to seal and should only to be done ever... Read More
- Can enhancing sealing be removed?
Q. The installer of my granite countertop used a color enhancing and impregnating sealer. I wish he would have asked if I wanted the deepened color. Is there any way to return the granite to the original color and then reseal with non enhancin... Read More
- Gray Limestone that continuously stains from wine, juice, etc.
Q. We have been doing work in a hotel with over fifty rooms. They have gray [limestone] countertops for their in-room bars and the same stone for their large bathroom floors. They want a polished finish on the countertops and a matte (non-slip) finis... Read More
- Etch Removal From Juice Spill
Q. We have a polished travertine kitchen floor. Cranberry juice was spilled on the floor; causing a dulling affect in small areas. We typically have our stone professionally cleaned every 3 years and it is not due for another year so I was wondering ... Read More