Articles Search Results
- My travertine stone tile shower surround is too small for my new glass shower door.
Q: I bought a glass shower door. The opening is approx. 1/8" to small. I am checking on having the glass door reduced by that amount. Or is there a way I can sand the travertine tile so the door will close.A: No, you do not want to sand the... Read More
- We have a polished travertine table where someone spilled salsa. We wiped it off right away but the finish has been dulled. What can we do to repair it?
Q. We have a polished travertine table where someone spilled salsa. We wiped it off right away but the finish has been dulled. What can we do to repair it?A. What you are describing are not stains. They are acid etches. The stone has been ... Read More
- I have travertine floors installed in my house and I need to know what is the best way to go with polishing this type of floors?
How old is the installation and is the finish polished or a hone finish? In all honesty, you could try the color enhancer but you would probably be much happier in the long run if you had the floor polished/flattened.... Read More
- I just had my travertine floors installed last week, is honed finished, but I do not want a very glossy finish. How long does the enhancer last?
Q. I just had my travertine floors installed last week, is honed finished, but I do not want a very glossy finish. How long does the enhancer last?A. How long the color enhancer lasts depends on how much traffic it sees and how it is cleaned and main... Read More
- Would the steel wool mess up the finish on my chrome fixtures?
Play it safe and use something specific for cleaning chrome.... Read More
- Solution for Stains on new limestone floor
Q. I bought lagos azul limestone back in December and it is getting installed in sections. I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me. I am hoping you might know a solution or can refer me to someone. My kitchen contractor installed the tile ... Read More
- Can you please provide some definition of Sealer for Stone?
Q. Can you please provide some definition of Sealer for Stone?A. Excellent question! For starters, when referring to stone, the word sealer is wrong. Well, technically it is not, but the reason why I said that it is wrong is because sealers for ston... Read More
- Excess Sealer on Travertine
Q. Your website and articles are extremely helpful. I now know that you don't have to seal travertine. Here is my problem; my employee applied sealer to filled travertine and didn't wipe off the excess. I spoke to a rep at the sealer company and use... Read More
- Cleaning Marble - Etching, Rings and Damage on Marble Surface
Q. I have a marble countertop in my bathroom. In a panic I put comet on a stain and took the finish off. How can I get the finish back? Also, I have a few ring marks. How get I get rid of them. Thank you EvelynA. If the damage to the surface is not t... Read More
- Polishing Unpolished Granite Edges
Q. I have already installed and grouted 12x12 granite for my kitchen counter top, BUT how do I polish the edge like the top (or at least close to). It seems to be a secret, I cannot find how to from the net. Please help! Thank you so much!A. This is ... Read More
|Displaying 1 to 10 out of 25 articles found
|| Page 1 of 3